Recent research from Flurry has revealed the flood of tablet activations on Christmas Day, and new data from Millennial Media supports the idea that tablets were a preferred gift item this past holiday season. Looking at activity on its network, Millennial Media notes that during “holiday week” (December 23-27), tablet impressions grew by an average of 12% daily, compared to 2% daily growth in smart phone impressions.
An earlier report from Millennial Media demonstrated the rise in tablet devices, showing that 1 in 5 impressions on its network came from non-phone connected devices (e.g., tablets, e-readers) in Q3, a 6% point rise from a year earlier. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Mobile Internet-Connected Devices, Q3 2011 vs Q3 2012 [CHART]
- Online Mobile Device Mix, Q2 2011 vs Q2 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile OS Market Share, Q3 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Operating System Market Share, 2011 vs 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Device Mix [CHART]