Newspaper ad expenditures have been on a steady decline for several quarters now, but SMBs still see the local paper as a valuable advertising medium, finds Borrell Associates in a newly released study. Based on a survey of 1,756 SMBs in December 2012, the study found 64% reporting having purchased ads in local newspapers, slightly ahead of the proportion who had bought online ads (excluding mobile – 62%). A majority had also invested in advertising in other local publications (54%), while direct mail (45%) remains popular too.
SMB advertising in local newspapers might find a receptive audience. According to April 2012 survey results from the Newspaper Association of America, 44% of local news readers who read the print format say they do so because it has useful advertising. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- SMB Local Advertising Spending By Medium, 2012 vs 2013 [CHART]
- Global Ad Spending By Medium, 2011-2015 [TABLE]
- Advertising Efficacy By Media, April 2013 [TABLE]
- Best Sources For Marketing & Advertising, October 2012 [CHART]
- Primary Role For Print, Broadcast & Online Ads In Grocery Industry [CHART]