On the iPhone, map apps were the most widely used, followed by Facebook, YouTube, stocks and weather. This means that, according to the data, more iPhone users were interested in checking their portfolios than finding out whether or not it was going to rain.
The Nielsen analysis also showed that consumers were responding to Facebook’s aggressive push into mobile this year. The iPhone apps on the list that saw the biggest year-over-year growth were Facebook Messenger (+554%) and Instagram (+197%), also owned by Facebook. On Android, however, the fastest-growing app of the year was Facebook rival Twitter. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Top 10 Smart Phone Apps Of 2013 [CHART]
- Share Of Android & iOS Mobile Messaging Apps In US, 2013 [TABLE]
- Fastest-Growing Social Apps, Q3 2013 – Q1 2014 [CHART]
- Mothers’ Time Spent With Mobile Apps, May 2013 [CHART]
- Weekly Time Spent Using IM/Chat Apps By Mobile OS, April 2013 [CHART]