Which web and mobile properties found the largest audiences in 2012? According to Nielsen, Americans on the web were most inclined to search, socialize, shop, browse or, of course, look things up on Wikipedia.
The two US sites that averaged the greatest number of monthly unique visitors were web giants Google and Facebook: the former averaged over 172 million monthly unique visitors, the latter close to 153 million. Large online media sites Yahoo! (#3) and AOL (#7), shopping juggernaut Amazon (#8) and search offerings from Microsoft (#6) and Ask.com (#10), all found their way into the top ten as well. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Unique American Visitors To Sports Sites, September 2011-September 2013 [TABLE]
- Desktop Traffic To Pinterest & Tumblr, January-September 2013 [CHART]
- Top 10 Social Networks Among US Hispanics, May 2013 [TABLE]
- Desktop Traffic To Top Social Networks, January-September 2013 [CHART]
- Top 10 American Multi-Platform Properties In September, 2013 [CHART]