In addition to being the No. 4 US website overall, Google’s YouTube was unquestionably the top destination for online video, averaging over 132 million monthly unique viewers and a staggering 15 billion video streams per month. Nielsen also found that internet portals remained bigger-time video destinations than Facebook—both Yahoo! and AOL attracted more average monthly viewers and more streams per month. TV- and movie-streaming site Hulu had a relatively small audience by these standards—attracting less than one-eighth as many monthly visitors as YouTube. That audience, however, is notably passionate, streaming an average of 833 million videos a month, the second most of any site on the internet. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Top 10 Online Video Properties, August 2012 [TABLE]
- Global Netflix Subscribers By Subscription Type, Q1 2012-Q1 2014 [TABLE]
- Video Audience, By Race [CHART]
- Top 10 Video Sites By Content [CHART]
- Online Video Ad Views, January – September 2012 [CHART]