The rise of the multifunctional device is perhaps epitomized by the smart phone—it’s a phone, computer, web browser, camera and gaming platform folded into one device that fits in your pocket. For many consumers, all of that functionality has obviated the need for a number of single-function devices, a trend reflected in an October 2012 survey by Accenture of internet users in 11 countries: Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, the UK and the US.
The poll found that four devices topped the list of consumer electronics that respondents planned to purchase over the next 12 months—smart phones, PCs, HDTVs and tablets. With the exception of HDTVs, the devices with the highest levels of purchase intent were multipurpose. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Top Planned Mobile Gift Purchases, February 2013 [CHART]
- Multi-Device Path To Purchase [TABLE]
- Mobile Path To Purchase, May 2013 [TABLE]
- Smart Phone Penetration In Russia [CHART]
- US Smart Phone Market Penetration, September 2011-September 2012 [CHART]