Smart phones and tablets, in particular, saw the sharpest growth in ownership rates from 2011 to 2012 among respondents. Smart phone penetration climbed from 48% in 2011 to 58% in 2012, while tablet ownership rates almost doubled over the same period, going from 14% to 25%. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Smart Phone vs Tablet Shopping Behavior, Q3 2012 [CHART]
- American Smart vs. Feature Phone Penetration, Oct. 2010-June 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Use Among Fast Food Customers, Q4 2011 [CHART]
- US College Student Smart Phone Users [CHART]
- Mobile Internet Use By Device Type, 2011-2013 [CHART]