This year, US consumers will spend $24 billion shopping on their tablets, and that figure will nearly double by 2015. Mcommerce sales on smartphones are lower and will grow more slowly, reaching $13.44 billion this year and $24.32 billion by 2016. Purchases on other mobile devices, such as ereaders, will continue to make up a small but steady share of the mcommerce pie. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Retail mCommerce By Device, 2011-2016 [TABLE]
- Chinese mCommerce, Q2 2011-Q2 2012 [CHART]
- eCommerce Traffic From Smart Devices, Q3 2011 – Q4 2012 [CHART]
- Retail mCommerce, 2011-2016 [CHART]
- Average Monthly mCommerce Spending Among IYP Mobile App Users, December 2012 [CHART]