22% of online Americans say that they click on search engine ads, finds The Search Agency in a survey conducted by Harris Interactive. The results show a fairly significant degree of variation on a geographic level, with the proportion saying they click on search ads far higher in the South (29%) than in the Northeast (20%), West (19%), and Midwest (17%). The study also finds that 18-34-year-olds report being more likely to click on search ads than those aged 35 and older (30% vs. 18%).
That result differs from earlier research from GroupM UK and Nielsen, as reported by Econsultancy, which found that the likelihood of clicking on a paid search ad increased alongside age. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- TV Advertising Influence Wanes With Age [CHART]
- Tablet Users & New Buyers By Generation [CHART]
- Average Number Of Texts Sent & Received A Month By Generation, March 2013 [CHART]
- Americans & On Demand Entertainment, May 2013 [TABLE]
- Demographics Of American Tablet Owners [CHART]