Compete looked at how well Old Spice performed on its YouTube channel compared to its brand site during some popular ad campaigns. During the 2011 holiday season, Weiden + Kennedy created a major YouTube campaign, “MANta Claus,” followed by “Smell Is Power” in January 2012. Traffic to Old Spice’s YouTube channel surged to 264,969 unique visitors in December 2011. That same month, the Old Spice brand site’s traffic jumped to 56,525 visitors, according to Compete. But that was a high point; most months thereafter the number of visitors to the brand site hovered in the 10,000 to 20,000 range. For the most part, no matter what the content on the YouTube channel, the brand site’s traffic remained steady. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Pinterest Traffic vs. Twitter Traffic, May 2010 – May 2012 [CHART]
- Top Gaining Website Visitor Traffic By Site Category, June 2012-July 2012 [CHART]
- Top Gaining Site Categories, February-March 2013 [CHART]
- YouTube Videos: Time Spent Watching vs. Total Views [CHART]
- Top 10 Video Sites Of 2012 [CHART]