The fastest growth in 2012 came from North America, especially the US, where mobile search and display ad spending was up 220%. Spending doubled in the Middle East and Africa, from a very small base, while growth in the rest of the world’s regions was below average. In Asia-Pacific, spending was up a comparatively small 40%.
In emerging markets, however, growth was booming. Mobile ad spending in China was up 138%, and Indonesia and India each enjoyed 110% growth rates. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Global Facebook Users By Region & Country, 2011-2017 [TABLE]
- Worldwide Social Networking Growth By Region & Country, 2010-2014 [CHART]
- Latin American Social Network Penetration By Country, 2010-2014 [CHART]
- Worldwide Click-Through Rates For Rich Media, Mobile & Standard Banner Ads By Region [CHART]
- Media Ad Spending By Region & Country, 2011-2016 [TABLE]