Mobile ad spending around the world more than doubled last year, eMarketer estimates, and though growth will moderate this year, double-digit increases in mobile ad spending will continue in coming years as outlays approach $37 billion by 2016.
In 2012, mobile spending was at $8.41 billion, according to eMarketer’s forecast—up from just over $4 billion the year before and $2.34 billion in 2010. eMarketer’s estimates of worldwide mobile ad spending include dollars going toward display and search advertising only, and exclude spending on messaging-based formats. Spending on tablets is also included. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Mobile Ad Spending, 2011-2017 [CHART]
- US Mobile Advertising Spending, 2010-2016 [CHART]
- Global Digital Ad Spending, 2010-2016 [CHART]
- Online Display Advertising Revenues At Major Ad Networks, 2011-2015 [TABLE]
- US Ad Spending Changes, Q4 2011 vs Q4 2012 [CHART]