Ace Metrix has released its list of the top TV brand advertisers and ads of 2012, revealing that the year “was marked by creative strategies that stressed innovation while embracing cause and humor.” Notably, many of the top brands by category were able to achieve a difficult feat: airing high quantities of creative while keeping the quality ahead of the competition. Such was the case for brands like Best Buy, which topped the retail category, and Samsung, which topped the tech category while producing more than 3 times as much new creative as Apple.
The lists are based on average Ace Scores for the brands’ ads. The Ace Score is a measure of ad effectiveness based on viewer reaction to national TV ads. The results are presented on a scale of 1-950, aggregating scores on attributes such as persuasion, relevance, information, attention, change, desire, and watchability. To qualify to be a brand category leader, the brand must have debuted 5 or more unique pieces of creative within an industry or category containing more than 125 pieces of creative and 5 qualifying brands. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Inefficiencies Of Demographic Targeting Of TV Ads [CHART]
- Top Brands For Customers’ Emotional Engagement, February 2013 [TABLE]
- Top 15 Alcohol Brands Facebook Page Engagement Metrics [TABLE]
- Effectiveness Of Humor In TV Commercials [CHART]
- Marketing Agency Attributes Evaluated By Clients, October 2012 [CHART]