Gen Y is the most likely to own an iPhone. About 29% of the generation say they own one of Apple’s popular smart phones, according to Forrester’s survey. Not surprisingly, Samsung is No. 2 in terms of adoption in that group, with 20% of Gen Y owning some type of Samsung smart phone, most likely one of its Galaxy S series devices. Overall, Samsung is the leading smart phone brand in the U.S., with a 24% adoption rate. More surprising is that LG ties Apple, with an 18% adoption rate. LG tends to skew older, though, with 20%-plus adoption rates for “Young Boomers,” “Older Boomers” and the Golden Generation (ages 65+). Read the rest at ReadWrite.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Smart Phone Users By Generation & Manufacturer, May 2012 [CHART]
- US Mobile & Smart Phone Penetration By Generation, May 2012 [CHART]
- Gadget Ownership By Generation [CHART]
- US Smart Phone Market Penetration, September 2011-September 2012 [CHART]
- Types Of Online Video Viewed By Generation, June 2013 [TABLE]