According to the fourth quarter survey of mobile developers by Appcelerator and IDC, about 63% of mobile developers are “very interested” in using HTML5 to build their mobile apps. Many developers are building 50% or more of their apps with HTML5 code. Many apps are including some type of Webview into their apps (for instance, see how social news reader Zite lets you read an article on through the browser or in the app). With the app economy exploding, we now see thousands of apps use the hybrid wrapper model to increase the efficiency of building an app and lower the overall development costs. Read the rest at ReadWrite.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Top 5 App Marketing Challenges [CHART]
- Mobile App Marketing Goals, May 2013 [CHART]
- Why People Download Apps, September 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Content Use By Feature [CHART]
- Time Spent With Mobile Apps vs. The Mobile Web [CHART]