The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and its Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence today released “The IAB Mobile Phone Video Diaries,” research that shows that 63 percent of digital video screening on mobile phones does not happen on-the-go, but rather at home. Over a third (36%) of these home-based digital video activities happen in a room where a second screen – a TV, desktop computer or tablet – is also available for viewing purposes. These findings combine to point to significant cross-media opportunities for brand marketers, whether tying mobile digital video to live television programming or linking magazine ads to relevant mobile clips. Read the rest at MarketWatch.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- How People Watch TV, May 2013 [CHART]
- Video Streaming By Daypart, Q4 2011 & Q1 2012 [TABLE]
- Online Viewership For Broadcast TV, March 2013 [TABLE]
- Live vs. Time-Shifted Television Viewing, Q3 2012 [CHART]
- US Internet Users Who Watch News Videos Online, January 2013 [CHART]