A July 2012 survey of Facebook users in the US by social commerce service provider 8thBridge found that while a substantial number of respondents did not share info about products at all on social media, those who did were heavily predisposed to doing so on Facebook. In fact, 63% said they used Facebook to alert their friends and family to products, compared to 25% who did the same on Twitter. Clearly, the results in this case are heavily weighted toward Facebook, as the sample drew solely from Facebook users, but the data does demonstrate that a majority of those on the social network are willing to create awareness of products. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- B2B Social Media Lead Generation & Traffic, 2012 [CHART]
- Leading Social Media Marketing Objectives, August 2013 [CHART]
- Social Media Use By Network, January 2014 [TABLE]
- Twitter Global Growth By Country, 2012-2018 [TABLE]
- Local Media Fans Social Behaviors By Media Type, May 2013 [CHART]