A July 2012 survey of Facebook users in the US by social commerce service provider 8thBridge found that while a substantial number of respondents did not share info about products at all on social media, those who did were heavily predisposed to doing so on Facebook. In fact, 63% said they used Facebook to alert their friends and family to products, compared to 25% who did the same on Twitter. Clearly, the results in this case are heavily weighted toward Facebook, as the sample drew solely from Facebook users, but the data does demonstrate that a majority of those on the social network are willing to create awareness of products. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- B2B Social Media Lead Generation & Traffic, 2012 [CHART]
- Social Media & Political Engagement By Generation [CHART]
- Time Spent Online By Activity, 2011 & 2012 [TABLE]
- Top Social Media Sites Where Brands Have A Presence, August 2012 [CHART]
- Sites Whose Recommendations Have Influenced Female Social Media Users To Purchase, February 2012 [CHART]