Breaking down these purchases by travel category, the Expedia and comScore study also found that more than half of these US travelers purchased hotel reservations via laptop, while only 17% booked hotels via tablet, and 11% via smartphone. Likewise, 46% of air travelers purchased flights on their PC, but only about one in 10 used either tablets or smartphones to buy airfare in the past six months. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Travelers’ Online Transactions By Device, August 2012 [CHART]
- Smart Owners Air Travel Activities [CHART]
- Mobile Engagement With Travel Content [CHART]
- Passenger Tablet Use By Transportation Mode [CHART]
- Travel Agency Website Traffic From Metasearch, H1 2011 & H1 2012 [CHART]