Americans watched 10.5 billion video ads in November, down slightly after October’s spike of 10.9 billion, but still fairly steady after a summer lull. The data, courtesy of comScore, also finds that video ads accounted for 20.8% of all videos viewed and 1.8% of time spent viewing video online, as 6 properties served up more than 1 billion ads.
The comScore figures reveal that the average online content video was 5.4 minutes in length, while the average online video ad was 24 seconds long. Online video reached 85.5% of the US internet population in November, down slightly from 86% in October. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Online Video Advertising Views, 2012 [CHART]
- Video Ad View Rates, Q4 2011 – Q4 2012 [TABLE]
- Video Ad Completion Rates By Video Length, Q1 2011 – Q3 2012 [CHART]
- Optimal Mobile Video Length According To Mobile Video Viewers, November 2012 [CHART]
- Online Video Ad Views, December 2011 – March 2013 [CHART]