The connected device market continues to see substantial growth worldwide. The International Data Corporation (IDC) reported that in Q3, worldwide shipments of smart connected devices—a category that includes PCs, tablets and smartphones—increased by 27.1% year over year, to 303.6 million shipments valued at $140.4 billion.
With desktop PC shipments projected to hold relatively steady in the coming years (after declining slightly in Q3 compared to the same period in 2011), and laptop shipments projected to grow modestly, the focus is primarily on smartphones and tablets to drive continued growth. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Global eReader Shipments, 2010-2016 [CHART]
- Global 7″ Tablet Shipments, 2011-2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Internet-Connected Devices, Q3 2011 vs Q3 2012 [CHART]
- US Tablet Traffic By Brand, October 2012 [CHART]
- Time Spent With Major Media, 2009-2012 [CHART]