eMarketer expects overall spending on mobile advertising in the US, including display, search and messaging-based ads served to mobile phones and tablets, to rise 180% this year to top $4 billion. eMarketer’s previous forecast, made in September 2012, was for substantially slower growth of 80%, to just $2.61 billion. Now eMarketer expects US mobile ad spending to reach $7.19 billion next year and nearly $21 billion by 2016, a significant upward revision. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Global Mobile Ad Spending, 2010-2016 [CHART]
- US Real-Time Bidding Display Ad Spending, 2011-2017 [CHART]
- US Local Mobile Ad Spending, 2011-2016 [CHART]
- US Ad Spending Changes, Q4 2011 vs Q4 2012 [CHART]
- Search Advertising Cost Per Click By Device, Q4 2011 – Q4 2012 [TABLE]