While online video ad success is often measured by click-through rates, research from Vindico has argued that completion rates are actually a more important indicator of ad effectiveness. Results from a new study by TubeMogul support that position: according to [PDF] the report, viewers exposed to a pre-roll video ad demonstrated higher brand awareness and message association than a control group that did not watch the ad – and the lift was significantly higher among viewers who completed the ad.
In terms of brand lift among the overall group exposed to an ad (compared to the control group that was not), the report finds a 3.6% lift in awareness, a marginal 0.1% increase in favorability, a 8.3% boost in message association, and a 2.4% gain in purchase intent or consideration. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Native Video Ads vs Pre-Roll, March 2013 [CHART]
- Video On Demand Advertising, April 2013 [CHART]
- Target’s Facebook Fans & Friends Purchase Behavior [CHART]
- Video Ad Landing Page Behavior [CHART]
- Promoted Tweet Campaign Results, March 2013 [TABLE]