3 in 4 retailers have a cross-channel strategy (51%) or are working towards one (24%), according to December 2012 survey results from Retail TouchPoints (RTP). Among those with a strategy in place, a leading 45% say it has improved their business by improving loyalty, while others see benefits such as increased brand interactions (38%), improved customer retention (31%), and increased basket size (27%).
Still, creating a seamless cross-channel experience that can provide these benefits is a difficult proposition. In a November report, RSR Research found that when asked to name their top 3 operational challenges, a leading 59% of multichannel retailers surveyed pointed to coordination with other channels to create a seamless brand experience. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Top Operational Challenges To Multichannel Retailers, November 2012 [CHART]
- Consumers & Cross-Channel Retail, April 2013 [TABLE]
- Perceptions Of Multichannel Marketing [CHART]
- Offline & Online Price Consistency, June 2012 [CHART]
- Global eTailing Challenges, November 2012 [CHART]