The buzz around social media and mobile isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, as many senior marketers from around the world investigate new or alternative engagements through these channels, finds the CMO Council in its “State of Marketing 2012″ survey. Asked the new or alternative marketing channels or vehicles they are evaluating for the next 12 months, 62% tabbed social media tools such as interactions, fan pages, social analytics, and social ad targeting, among others.
Mobile marketing also scored highly among the more than 550 heads of marketing, communications, and customer engagement from around the world. 34% said they will look into mobile applications and loyalty programs, while 18% will evaluate mobile ads and/or video, and another 12% will investigate mobile relationship marketing, including mobile messaging and deal delivery, among others. While that’s encouraging, the relatively small percentage looking into relationship marketing confirms earlier results from the CMO Council that marketers aren’t yet leveraging mobile’s relationship potential. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Consumer Attitudes Toward Loyalty Programs, May 2013 [TABLE]
- Top 5 Email Marketing Priorities [CHART]
- Top 5 Ways Companies Can Build Customer Loyalty [CHART]
- Current Digital Marketing Capabilities for Marketers, Agencies & Publishers [CHART]
- Video Tops List Of Increased Use Of Social Media Marketing Tools [CHART]