Smart phone and tablet owners may love their devices, but they’re not all that fond of advertising on them, according to the AdReaction 2012 report released by Millward Brown in November 2012. Asked their attitudes toward 21 different advertising types, smart phone and/or tablet owners from 18 countries were most likely to view TV and radio ads favorably, at 51% each, followed by magazine ads (50%), billboard ads (47%), and newspaper ads (47%). Mobile ads came in 19th in favorability.
The most positive attitude towards digital advertising is for opt-in email ads, which 45% find very or somewhat favorable. Social media news feeds (43%) are next among digital media, followed by online search ads (39%). Mobile ads, near the bottom of the list (23%), are tied with online music players, just behind in-game ads (25%) and a few points ahead of non-opt-in email (18%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Mobile Activities [CHART]
- Technologies Through Which Mobile Americans Get News, September 2012 [CHART]
- Most Popular Digital News Sources, October 2012 [CHART]
- B2B Lead Quantity & Quality By Channel, December 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Web User Experience Problems [CHART]