The reason advertising spend keeps pouring into TV is that it remains the single most influential medium influencing consumer purchase decisions. A recent TVB survey found that when asked the advertising medium they find most influential in making a purchase decision, 37.2% of American adults singled out TV – almost quadruple the proportion who pointed to the nearest competitor, newspapers (10.6%). In addition, TV’s influence holds true across all age groups, and is in fact highest among the 18-34-year-old set. Indeed, despite older consumers watching more TV on average, TV’s purchase influence appears to wane with age, although it still far outpaces newspapers among those over 65 (32.7% vs. 18.5%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Most Influential Ad Type By Age, June 2012 [CHART]
- TV Advertising Influence Wanes With Age [CHART]
- Daily Reach Of TV vs. Online Video By Country, July 2014 [CHART]
- TV Most Influential Ad Medium For Purchases [CHART]
- Media Reach Deepest Among Affluent [CHART]