Mobile Safari (15.11%) and its desktop counterpart (13.65%) combined to account for 28.76% of traffic to e-commerce websites in Q2 2012, according to an August report from Monetate, which analyzed a random sample of more than 100 million online shopping experiences, using same-store data. This put Safari behind only Internet Explorer (37.5%) in browser market share for the quarter. Google Chrome accounted for 17.15% of traffic share in Q2, ahead of Firefox, at 15.8%. All other browsers collectively held the remaining 0.79% share. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Global Share of Mobile Real-Time Bidding Ad Views By OS, Q1 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Search Engine Traffic Market Share, Q4 2012 [CHART]
- Share of eCommerce Traffic From Smart Devices, Q1 2012 – Q1 2013 [CHART]
- eCommerce Sites’ Traffic Referral Sources [CHART]
- Mobile Internet Use By Device Type, 2011-2013 [CHART]