The average order value (AOV) of website traffic from search in Q2 2012 was $90.40, almost 10% higher than traffic from email ($82.72), and more than 40% higher than traffic from social networks ($64.19), according to an August report from Monetate, which looked at a random sample of more than 100 million online shopping experiences, using same-store data from the previous quarter. Indeed, social network shoppers are not yet making a big dent in the online retail space: a July 2012 report from IBM found that shoppers referred to retail sites from social networks generated just 1.9% of all online sales in Q2, down from 2.4% in Q1. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Holiday eCommerce Traffic Sources, January 2013 [CHART]
- Average eCommerce Order Value By Social Media Site, January – August, 2012 [CHART]
- Holiday Traffic To Retail 500 Sites, 2010-2012 [CHART]
- US Hispanic Social Media Use, 2010-2014 [CHART]
- eCommerce Sites’ Traffic Referral Sources [CHART]