The options keep proliferating but the amount of time available in a given day remains the same. Consequently, consumers’ attentions are further divided, and they respond by devoting more time to certain apps. Overall, the top 50 apps ate up 58% of US users’ app time, Nielsen determined. On the other hand, that figure was down from 74% in 2011, indicating there are opportunities for new apps to capture consumers’ attention. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Multitainment Behavior By Device Pairs, Q2 2012 [CHART]
- Time Spent Per Day With Mobile Web & Apps, H1 2012 [CHART]
- Mothers’ Time Spent With Mobile Apps, May 2013 [CHART]
- Daily Smart Phone App Use, Q1 2011 – Q1 2012 [CHART]
- Follower Growth Among Twitter Users That Mention Brands, January 2011 – June 2012 [CHART]