9 in 10 teens have used a form of social media at some point, and half visit a social networking site at least daily, finds Common Sense Media in June 2012 survey results. And while most report positive emotional impacts from their online social lives, a significant proportion show a desire to unplug. In terms of teens’ daily use of social and digital communications, texting is their most popular regular activity, performed by 68% of teens, with social networks (51%) next. Just 3 in 10 email on a daily basis, and only 19% say they IM with this frequency.
Among the overall sample, roughly two-thirds say their main social networking site is Facebook. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Teen Social Networking Use Frequency By Number Of Facebook Friends, 2012 [CHART]
- Favorite Ways Teens Communicate With Friends [CHART]
- Teen Facebook Users Who Also Use Instagram & Twitter, 2012 [CHART]
- Americans’ Daily Time Spent With Digital Media, 2010-2012 [TABLE]
- Teens’ Favorite Social Networks, April 2013 [TABLE]