Although only 19% of brand tweets are published on weekends, these tweets show engagement rates that are 17% higher than weekdays, according to a June 2012 Buddy Media report. Certain industries can benefit even more from tweeting on weekends: for example, engagement for sports brands is 52% higher than average on the weekend. Clothing and fashion brands (+30%) also see higher-than-average engagement rates on the weekend, despite only 12% of industry tweets occurring then. For the publishing industry, Saturday sees engagement rates that are 29% higher, though only 7% of tweets occur on that day. And for the entertainment industry, Sunday and Monday are key, with tweets published then receiving 23% more engagement than average. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Twitter Link CTR By Day Of The Week, October 2012 [CHART]
- US Video Ad Reach By Day Of Week, Q1 2012 [CHART]
- Facebook Smart Phone Use By Weekday vs Weekend, March 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Rich Media Engagement Rates, Q2 2012 [CHART]
- Email Opens By Hour After Delivery, Q1 2012 [CHART]