The link between social media and loyalty seems to be on the minds of many, but user behavior on social networks is still misunderstood. Marketers in a Q4 2011 CMO Council survey weren’t just being overly literal when they interpreted a “like” as an indicator of agreeableness to content, they were missing by a long shot how customers truly viewed social relationships with brands. In actuality, consumers most often clicked the “like” button to show their loyalty. The next most popular reason users clicked “like” was because they were looking for incentives or rewards. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Consumer Attitudes Toward Loyalty Programs, May 2013 [TABLE]
- American Social Network Ad Clickers, October 2012 [CHART]
- Top 10 YouTube Video Ads Of 2012 [LIST]
- Facebook Ad Clickers [CHART]
- Why People Visit Brands’ Social Media Sites, February 2013 [CHART]