Short-form news and entertainment videos trumped long-form movies or television shows as the most popular videos watched by tablet users. A lofty 92% of those who consumed video on their tablet said they viewed short-form news and entertainment videos on a regular basis. Moreover, 64% viewed user-generated videos, like YouTube videos, on a regular basis. Fewer than half of the respondents said they watched full-length TV shows and movies on their tablet regularly. This suggests that tablet users are more apt to snack on the device—use it for short periods of time, as opposed to hour-long blocks. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Internet Users Who Watch News Videos Online, January 2013 [CHART]
- Frequency Of Mobile Video/TV Watching Among Smart Phone & Tablet Users [CHART]
- Time Spent Watching Long Online Videos By Device, Q4 2012 [CHART]
- Online Viewership For Broadcast TV, March 2013 [TABLE]
- Types Of Streamed Mobile Video By Device, January 2013 [CHART]