Among those executives already in mobile marketing, optimizing websites for mobile devices held the top spot as the most frequently used mobile marketing technique, cited by 70% of respondents. In second place were mobile apps, used by 55% of these marketers. Interestingly, 49% said they used QR codes, despite some unfamiliarity among consumers with what the codes are and how they are used. The advantages of these 2-D barcodes, which allow marketers to leverage the visual engagement of print ads and lead their audience to mobile channels, seem to outweigh any consumer confusion. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Share Of Barcode Formats, Q1 2012 [CHART]
- QR Codes Generate 50,000 Likes From Glamor Magazine
- QR Code Scanner Demographics & OS [CHART]
- How Merchants Use QR Codes, 2011 & 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Channels Used For Customer Interaction [CHART]