eMarketer expects internet user penetration in Argentina to pass the 50% mark during 2012, for a total of 22.9 million users. Broadband household penetration is close behind, forecast to reach 49.6%, or 5.7 million homes, in 2013. This translates to more users in Argentina accessing the internet at home than ever before.
As a result, one thing that has fallen by the wayside is internet cafes. A May 2012 study by Carrier y Asociados titled “Acceso Residencial a Internet – 2012” found that 92% of internet users accessed the internet in the home. By comparison, internet cafes now account for a mere 13% of usage. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Tablet Coupon Users, 2012-2015 [CHART]
- Frequency Of American Children’s Internet Use By Gender, March 2014 [CHART]
- Mobile Subscriptions In Latin America [CHART]
- Google+ Users By Country, Q2 2012 [TABLE]
- Facebook Users In Select EMEA Countries, November 2013 [CHART]