When looking to achieve high click counts, the optimal time to post is similar for Twitter and Facebook, but differs dramatically for Tumblr, details Bit.ly in a May 2012 blog post. Exploring how content propagates through social networks, and how the day and time of a post affect the attention received, the company finds that for Twitter, posting in the afternoon earlier in the week (1-3 PM Monday through Thursday) gives the best chance at achieving a high click count. Similarly, on Facebook, links posted from 1-4 PM result in the highest average click throughs, with Wednesday at 3 PM proving to be the peak time of the week. By contrast, Friday evening, which is the slowest time on the other platforms, is the optimal time to post on Tumblr, with posts after 7 PM on average receiving more clicks over 24 hours than content posted mid-day during the week.
The post notes that all times are Eastern Standard Time (EST). Read the rest at Marketing Charts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Longevity Of Top Brands’ Tumblr Reblogs [CHART]
- Interbrand 100′s YouTube Video Shelf Lives, August 2013 [CHART]
- Social Media Sites Marketing Execs Use For Cross-Posting On Twitter, Q1 2013 [CHART]
- Online Channels People Most Use To Communicate With One Another, May 2013 [CHART]
- Facebook Ad Cost-Per-Click & Click-Through Rates By Type [CHART]