Email is overwhelmingly the top driver of virtual event registration, according to an August 2011 survey from MarketingProfs and Trendline Interactive, sponsored by ON24. Data from “The Practicalities of Virtual Events” indicates 83% of virtual event attendees have heard about an event through email.
Only 23% have heard about a virtual event through the next-most-popular channel, social media, meaning email is almost four times as popular an attendance driver. Within the social media channel, LinkedIn (10%) and Twitter (9%) are both more than twice as popular as Facebook (4%). Read the rest at Marketing Charts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Virtual Events By Type [CHART]
- Virtual Event Behavior [CHART]
- Event Attendance Trends, April 2013 [CHART]
- Virtual Event Financing [CHART]
- Virtual Event Metrics [CHART]