Social media and search advertising are projected to be the most popular advertising tools this year, each cited by 24% of respondents to a PointRoll survey [pdf] of US marketing professionals, conducted by Kelton Research and released in March 2012. Display advertising followed closely, chosen by 22% of respondents. There was then a significant drop-off to online video (11%), mobile or tablet ads (7%), and mobile or tablet apps (6%). Just 1% chose email, text/SMS, or social gaming. Search advertising is more popular among respondents at director level or above, compared to those in supervisory or managerial positions (30% vs. 19%). Read the rest at Marketing Charts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Measuring ROI For Online Marketing Channels, January 2013 [TABLE]
- More Than Three-Quarters Prefer Email For Direct Marketing [CHART]
- Video Tops List Of Increased Use Of Social Media Marketing Tools [CHART]
- Merchants’ Top 10 Most Valuable Online Channels, 2011 vs, 2012 [CHART]
- Marketers Use Of Video, 2012 vs 2013 [CHART]